
I wanted to let everyone know about my sister's huge accomplishment: She was nominated as Missoula's Volunteer of the Year - and won! Jenny has been working for SARC (Student Assault Resource Center) for a couple of years now. She started by volunteering, then earned an internship. She continues to work for SARC, but also volunteers her time by training new workers. She also takes the 'crisis line' once a week. Which means that if someone is assaulted - yes, that includes the very nitty gritty violence against women stuff - she goes to help them through the reporting/recovery process. This can include going to the ER with them, helping them file a police report, and I honestly don't know what else. She drops everything to help these people.
So Jenny will be receiving an award on the Courthouse lawn in Missoula for her efforts. BRAVO, Jenny! I'm so proud of you. I wish I was as brave as you are. I love you!
4 comments:
That's Awesome Jenny, CONGRATS!!! This is something to really be proud of... sounds like a lot of work and your such a strong person for being about to help others in time of need. Hope all is well.
-holly
Wow, That is MY daughter. I am so very proud of all of you. An awesome teacher,(Janelle). A volunteer of the year (Jenny). A Builder(Matt), and Kayla will also find some great and mighty thing to do. You guys must have some awesome parents.
Laurie, you forgot about me... I am dong ok too. You know, just doin what I do. Lookin Good.
And Aubyn, I am so proud of you and that spoon on your nose. What a talent you have. I will have to have another "mom brag moment".
Post a Comment