Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Quick! Before we lose internet again!


"My" Internet has been down for weeks now (and when I say "my", I mean some unsuspecting neighbor from whom we have been "borrowing" Internet for the last couple of years) and it's driving me nuts. I had no idea how addicted I have become to checking and writing blogs - I've posted several of my favorites, but beware: if you follow the links, you could spend HOURS snooping. It's quite a guilty pleasure for me. 

There isn't anything really pressing that needs mentioning, I just felt the need to write, and I have a couple of minutes. 

1. One of my students is currently very "in" to Chuck Norris. I don't know how this got started, but I think he saw another kid's folders that has Chuck Norris on the cover and says, "Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch, he DECIDES what time it is." So now, everything he makes is Chuck Norris related. I saw him wandering around the room with play dough saying, "You can't destroy me - I'm Chuck Norris' beard!" We are learning about bats right now, and the bat he made had (of course) a beard. I don't know WHY I find this so funny, but so what if I do?

2. I have kind of a 4 day weekend!! Woop woop! MEA (Montana Education Association) Convention is in Missoula this year, and we have the days off to attend. A few of us, however, choose to forgo the credits we could earn and stay here in Billings. We will be putting in the same number of hours, but can do it on our own time (which means we'll cram it all into Wednesday night and Thursday morning and be free the rest of the time!). Not only am I excited for the days off, but I'm really looking forward to spending hours of uninterrupted time in my classroom working on new differentiated instruction ideas with my colleagues.

I've got more, but my time is up.

If YOU have time and the Internet, grab a cup of Joe and check out the links to the right. I think you'll be quite impressed.

Until next time....

1 comment:

aubyn said...

If you have five dollars and Chuck Norris has five dollars, Chuck Norris has more money than you.

There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

Apple pays Chuck Norris 99 cents every time he listens to a song.

Chuck Norris can sneeze with his eyes open.

Chuck Norris can eat just one Lay's potato chip.

Chuck Norris is suing Myspace for taking the name of what he calls everything around you.

Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.