Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A child's wisdom

I read a funny story today, There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat, (modeled after the Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly... you know the one) and one page says, 
"I know an old lady who swallowed a cat. Now what do you think? She got so fat!"
Without skipping a beat, a little boy piped up, "She should go on Nutrisystem!"

And along those same lines, a couple weeks ago, I took a BRUTAL class at the gym with some coworkers. One was called "Pedal and Pump"- after spinning furiously for 3o minutes, we went downstairs and did squats and abs and other painful, heavy lifting (all prompted by a woman who had NOT just spent the last half an hour on a bike, mind you). The other one was called "Cardio Kick" and involved some free weights and kickboxing, and a good fifteen minutes of walking lunges. Needless to say, the next couple of days was ROUGH. It also happened to be right around that huge snowstorm - so I could barely bend down to tie boots and zip coats. Every time I got that low, I couldn't help but groan or cry or wince or pass out from the pain.
One of the kids asked what was wrong, and I said that I had worked out and I was sore. She said, "Then don't work out!" (Duh!) And I replied, "But I want to be healthy." She retorted, "Then just eat broccoli! It looks like you really got burned, Mrs. Wilson."

And burned I was. Apparently, I need to eat more broccoli.

2 comments:

Addie said...

That's awesome. Hook me up with that child - we could be drinking buddies.

Dave said...

No pain, no gain!