Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dear Tooth Fairy

This is a letter I wrote for one of my students to take home the other day:

Dear Tooth Fairy,

Today, Johnny lost his tooth at school! We were so excited. Unfortunately, the tooth fell out of his special necklace at recess. The tooth is lost again! He wanted me to write to you so you would (maybe?) still visit him tonight. If you can't, he understands.

Thank you,

Mrs. Wilson

*I know some of you - Addie? Jenny? - are anti Tooth Fairy/Santa/etc... but it's just so darn cute! And by the way, the kid got 5 bucks for a tooth that wasn't even there.

It's when I write letters like that one, that I remember how unique my job is. 

3 comments:

aubyn said...

I like that you took the time to write this note :) I bet he was very serious about it, and that note made him feel much better. And I bet the parents were, "better Janelle than me"

Ha ha ha, you are the lovely "extra mile" teacher!

holly gannett said...

You're such a good teacher :) that was so sweet of you and I totally agree with Aubyn!!

Miss you tons!! Ella sends her kisses.

Addie said...

That is adorable! I'm not anti-Tooth Fairy, and I don't mind perpetuating that myth, but I do find eight-year-olds who believe in Santa a little idiotic.

I just can't help myself!