Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Monday, December 29, 2008

Celebrations

Update:

Christmas:
Christmas was lovely this year. Seth and I spent the afternoon with his family and their friends, Al and Diana, as we have done for several years. It's always great to be reminded of how lucky I am to have the in-laws I do. Afterwards, we went over to my parents' to see the fam (including Matt, Reese, Smith and Mason). The boys were in full holiday swing with their new tool sets. I don't know how, but those boys are somehow looking more and more like each other every day - they make it tough for an inexperienced Auntie to tell them apart anymore. On Christmas morning, Seth and I woke up, exchanged gifts (smaller this year, in the hopes of a new TV and trip to Mexico for spring break) and then traveled to his parents to watch Zach and Hannah open their gifts. It was a very successful, very warm, very loving morning. Later, Seth and I searched desperately for an open store because I had totally spaced out buying the food that had been assigned to me for my side of the family's annual gathering. Oops. Seth saved the day by finding it, and we went to Rick and Paula's for appetizers, wine, and everyone's holiday favorite: Catch Phrase. The evening turned out to be a rollicking good time.

Birthday:
Yesterday, I made a dramatic change from "early twenties" to "mid twenties". Aubyn woke me with an invitation for a home-cooked pancake breakfast at her place. I showed up in my jammies, and had a delightful morning with Seth, Aubyn, Lane, Bing, Julian and Maddox. Seth and I went home, made ourselves presentable, and then went back to Aubyn's for good company and a trip down memory lane. Afterwards, we met Holly and Tobin for delicious dessert and delicious jazz at Walkers. Seth was a gem and gave me a visa gift card and free shopping reign for my birthday - look out world! I'll have a nice dinner with the fam next weekend. Now I just have to dye my gray hair and buy some eye cream.

Engagements/Births:
Chris romantically proposed to my dear friend Jenn on Christmas Day. She is thrilled, and her ring is so big, I think it's a little dangerous.
Jack (AKA Jack-a-roni-and-cheese) Isaac Switzer was born last Saturday night to two of the most delightful people I know. Karen was a champ, pushing only twice, needing no meds, letting us overtake her the next day, and hosting a T-Party a week later. Jon gets props too.

Hope that tides you over for now!

2 comments:

aubyn said...

you are such an elegant writer. I had so much fun on your birthday that I had to "go to bed early".

Anonymous said...

Men can never be too romantic and diamonds can never be too big!