I've heard the theory that babies come in three's - but the last year or so, it has certainly seemed like they're coming by the dozen. There's something in the water (which makes me very thirsty all the sudden, while Seth contemplates the benefits of Culligan). This weekend, we (Jenn, Aubyn and I) threw a shower for our dear friend, Karen. The four of us have been friends since high school or longer, and it's been really wonderful to watch Karen grow (literally and figuratively) as she builds a family. Karen is due December 18th, but is hoping for an early arrival.
She's very good about letting me touch. That sounds worse than it is. Maybe.
But it's not just me! Look how enthralled Jenn and Aubyn are with "the belly".
Jenn and her mom Connie were our gracious hosts. If you've never been in Jenn's house, this is the tip of the Dead Animal Iceberg. Look how little Kayla is compared to this Russian bear (You don't get to say that every day!).
She's attracted to hairy creatures.


3 comments:
Ohhh... I so wish I could of been there at Karen's shower :( I miss you girls sooo much!
See you soon, can't wait!!
I am just so thrilled that I didn't see a posed photo in front of the fireplace! You guys are wonderful, and I am so happy we are still such great friends!
Oh! And this "happens in 3's" is not a theory. I am not superstitous, but I haven't been proven wrong. This spring, there were 3 sets of 3, and just in this last month, there are 3 more sets of 3... As the rule goes, we are safe; unless anyone gets a wild hair and starts another tripod!
Post a Comment