The following is a book that I received on my desk today. I will translate and provide background knowledge as needed. Enjoy!
The Teacher Mrs. Wilson - this is the title.
"She had fish, but some died." I made the horrible mistake of accepting a moving teacher's aquarium, so we have fish in our classroom. I hate the fish, I hate cleaning the tank, I hate letting the kids over feed them, etc. Therefore, the tank is never really clean. Another teacher gave me some of her goldfish, which I promptly killed. The kids were very good about the whole thing, but I've been marked as a murderer.
"She was very nice. She had 20 children." I just like that part because whenever they ask if I have any kids, I always tell them that I have 20 of them. "Really?!?" They ask. And I have to explain that I'm talking about them. I love the fact that they think they are my kids too.
4 comments:
Janelle that is adorable-- they think you're sweet even though you MURDERED all their fish :) haha.
I also love how you tell them you have 20 children and they believe you... I am sure before you explain to them you are talking about them, their eyes are HUGE in disbelief!
I remember being shocked to discover my teachers had children. And first names. And lives outside of the classroom. It rocked my little world.
Good on you, mate, for rocking their little worlds. Are you better at keeping critters other than fish alive? Because I might give you a puppy. Just for funsies.
Ha! I want a puppy badly, but my miniature elf house and lack of yard would make that a cruel indulgence. But my cat has been alive and ornery for years!
any news on the book you were working on?
Post a Comment