One of the girls in my class is quite the little story teller. She has told me that she has seen Santa ("True story, Mrs. Wilson, I swear...), that her great great great great great great great great Grandma was a "blackie" (her quote, not mine!) who was shot at for going into a "whitie" restaurant, but was saved by a chest plate, and that she visited the "J Palace" in China - among other stories. It should be cute, but at a certain point, I get a little sick of it and just want her to tell me something semi-believable. This is something I overheard her saying to two other little girls during centers:
"My dad married a mermaid."
"I don't think mermaids are real."
"That's what everyone thinks! Until their dad marries a mermaid."
Oy.
7 comments:
I think "splash" was on VH1 this weekend. Did you ask if her dad was Tom Hanks??
Wow. At what point do pants spontaneously burst into flame?
WOW, what a hand full! Good luck with that :)
Wolf! She'll learn her lesson one day... if only you could be the one to teach it to her. That could be fun!
she sounds like that SNL gal. the one-upper? ha ha ha TV is a great parenting substitute
I remember a certain child of mine(of course it wasn't you) who also saw Santa and the Easter bunny at our house. We couldn't argue with her because we were the ones who told her that the Easter Bunny would be visiting that evening.... after she goes to bed.
Love mom
Was that the kid who cut herself "falling in the bathtub" (not with the razor)? Touche.
Post a Comment