Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Generosity

I checked my email this morning, and to my absolute delight, I discovered that my donorschoose project was fully funded! For information on donorschoose.org, follow the link or read this entry. 

I had kind of forgotten about it, to be perfectly honest. It had a been a few months, and only one person had donated a small amount of money. Then with all the "in this economy" talk, I just kind of figured it wasn't going to happen this go around. I was extremely excited to see that someone somewhere took a leap of faith and donated so much money to our classroom! 

I really am amazed at what some people are willing to give. I know that times are tough for lots of people, but someone out there gave us over $350 - without knowing anything about us! What faith, and what a great show of support for education. I am excited to share this with my students, so they understand how wonderful it can feel to GIVE as well as to receive. I just hope whoever donated understands how grateful I am. When the printer arrives, we will take pictures and write thank you notes and send it to donorschoose, who will make sure all donors are thanked.

Because it's so late in the school year, we may not receive the printer until fall, but I'm still just so thrilled! Thanks, donorschoose!

6 comments:

Dave said...

What a nice picture of the two of you. You make a great couple.
Love mom

lanerdoo said...

Hurray! Do we get to see any of said pictures on your blog? The stories are awesome but pictures could visually enhance all of the glorious tales.

Janelle Wilson said...

I can't post pictures of the kids online without parent permission. And I don't really want parents knowing about this blog, since I like to complain about them from time to time. It's a cryin' shame too, cause I have some GREAT photos of those little hooligans.

aubyn said...

I looked for your classroom on that website months ago but couldn't find it. :(

Grammie Perrine said...

Congratulations to you and your little hooligans!!

"rappe" - liqueur poured over shaved ice served most often served to Hip Hop 'artists'

I use the term "artist" loosely.

Gailzee said...

Seth & Janelle,
I just wanted to let you guys know that I asked my good friend about the "lost application" to our PA school. She then asked the director who promptly called me and said he would personally look into it...a few days later the head guy calls me and said that the application had arrived late. I was taken back by there extreme interest in the matter and I think they did try to evaluate fairly what had happened. In any case I am trusting that God has a Bigger plan for you guys and that Rocky may have not been His choice! You are in my prayers.