Things I love:
1) Teacher's Appreciation Week - need I say more?
2) Nice weather for recess duty
3) Sunshine makes everyone - teachers and students alike - happier
4) Our annual field trip to Riverfront park
5) As we come to the end of the year, we wrap up all the required curriculum, and get to do more hands on, FUN activities. We're putting on plays soon, and planning on creating a mural too!
6) Hellooooo... SUMMER IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!
Things I dread:
1) Spring fever + baseball/soccer + seven year olds = crazy, crazy, crazy children.
2) End of year testing/record keeping. Ugh.
3) End of year cleaning/organizing - not one of my better skills.
4) Saying goodbye to my kids - don't get me wrong, I'm glad to send them off to second grade, but it's always sad to watch them go. I just get so attached!
In addition to all the end of the year craziness, there are SEVERAL weddings to attend this summer. I think we are up to seven invitations to weddings on our refrigerator. Many of these weddings are precluded of course by showers and bachelorette parties, which keeps me busy, busy, busy.
The good thing is that this end of the year business is like going up the steep climb of the roller coaster. Just when I think I can't take on one more thing, I'm at the top, and barreling toward the bottom with my hands in the air celebrating summer. Ahhh... I love my job.
No comments:
Post a Comment