The three girls who wandered in are the cutest little seven year olds you can imagine. Hair braided or in pig tails with ribbons, fashionable little outfits, well groomed, sweet looking things.
"Oh! Mrs. Wilson! We didn't think you'd be here."
"What do you girls need? You should be outside right now."
"We asked the lunch aide if we could bring something in for you, and she said yes."
"Ok, what is it?"
"Right away when we saw it, we knew you'd want it in the classroom."
These beautiful little girls held out... a duck head.
Yes. A baby duck's head - feathers still attached, but eyeballs strangely missing.
"What?!? Is that... where did you...?"
"Do you love it? Can we put it in science center? We didn't touch it! We picked it up with sticks. Isn't it great?"
"Um. Yes. It really is... great. My job gets weirder every day. Let me get a ziplock."
The whole thing kind of reminds me of sweet house cats that go kill little animals and leave them on the porch for their owners. Good intentions, but ew.
5 comments:
That recess aide probably was laughing the whole time! Oh man, that is hilarious! Gross and a bit sad, but hilarious.
I too am wondering wtf the aide was thinking!
Poor duckling.
I was so hoping I would have girls to avoid things like this, but apparently that's not completely safe either.
eww.
Yikes... Remember when I said I thought I would have liked to be a teacher... NEVER MIND! I draw the line at dead duck heads.
Word Verification Balderdash "cultr" - extremist followers of who live outside of conventional society under the direction of the charismatic leader "R".
I am a little grossed out by it, but so proud being a science teacher :-) I have a group of girls who are crazy when it comes to dissection, so I would keep your eye on them as they get older! Hope your last 2 weeks are awesome!
Post a Comment