Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Memories part One

This Memorial Day weekend was a winner for a number of reasons. First off, instead of the normal 3 day weekend, I took Friday off as well, which gave me another day - a gift from the Gods of Patience During the Last Stretch of School if ever there was one! I took Friday off to serve as the Maid of Honor in my dear friend, Kayla's wedding. She married a man she met in high school. While they've always had a "thing" for each other, the timing was just never right until recently. The wedding (and relationship) reminds me of a phrase my sister in law, Gaaby, once said to me: "It's God's plan, not yours!"

The ladies in waiting: Kayla's three sisters and myself.
Thug Life at the reception.
I don't think I tasted the cake! If only I could go back in time...
I call this one "Beauty and the Beasts".
Beautiful Bride


I went for funny, Jenn went for perfect. Shoot, Roy.

The day went perfectly, thanks to Kayla's friends and family and our other dear friend, Jenn, who kept things moving during the reception and guided everyone into their correct roles and places. Whew - behind every wedding lies a good wedding planner! 

Congratulations, Kayla!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for weddings. maybe I missed my calling. wedding planning/directing is like me having a "birthday party"!