Am I ready? No. Will I pull it off? You're damn right I will.
The last couple of days have been filled with last minute planning, organizing, rearranging and meetings. I have a new little guy in my room who has a full time aid for some language/behavior deficits. I was extremely nervous about this, but as soon as I met B (my aid), I felt totally fine about the situation. It's funny how that happens; it wasn't anything really that she said or did, she just seemed... fine. She seems like a lady who wants to do her job and is totally focused on the kid. That's all I ask.
My work time has been significantly cut down because of the extra needs of this child however, as I have needed several meetings to be brought up to speed. All in all, I feel confident about dealing with the child and meeting his needs while maintaining the needs of the other 20 students as well, but I was quite annoyed with the time "lost" while I sat in meetings. I know you can't have it all, but.. can't I??
I am really looking forward to tomorrow. I LOVE meeting my new students. They are so eager about everything! Show them where the paper towels are and you've amazed them; show them the rattlesnake in formaldehyde and you're a goddess. They are on their best behavior, they want nothing more than to please you, and their little personalities are in hiding just waiting to feel comfortable enough to burst out.
I feel the same way.
I'm so eager to meet these kids. They will shape me very much in the next ten months and beyond. I can't wait to see them grow and learn, and to learn and grow right along with them.
Eek!
3 comments:
Hurray! I bet your kiddos are feeling so lucky that they have Mrs. Wilson this year!
I hope you have a great year :)
Good luck and have a great first day :)
You were so made for this job.
Post a Comment