Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cliche Thanksgiving Post

I can't help it - I'm thankful!

I'm thankful for my husband. I'm thankful that he is willing to sacrifice his comfort and time to educate himself in order to provide for his family (albeit future family) in a profession he loves. I'm thankful for all the things he did around here that I didn't really notice before: cleaning the litter box, starting my car on cold mornings, taking out the garbage, paying the bills, and more. I'm thankful he is willing to drive 7 hours to sit on the couch with me for 8 days. I'm thankful he loves me as much as I love him.

I'm thankful for my family and friends who have provided constant love, support, and laughter when I need it more than ever. I'm thankful they are keeping me busy and keeping me accountable and keeping me grounded. I'm thankful for their prayers and their wisdom and their time.

I'm thankful for my job. I know it hasn't been the easiest year, but I'm eternally grateful to teach first grade at Arrowhead. I'm thankful for my teaching partners who push me to be a better teacher and keep my head up. I'm thankful for the support of my principal. I'm thankful to work at a school where the children I teach are well fed, clothed, and generally happy and loved. I'm thankful for each (yes, EACH) of the children with whom I am sharing my year.

Thanks, everyone, for all you've done for me this year. I love you all!

3 comments:

lanerdoo said...

Delightfully cliche. You are thankful for great things. Not materialistic things but eternal things. I'm thankful for you, and for your blog. It gives me insight into who you are even though I've known you for years and years. Love ya girl. Glad you get some much needed time with your hubby.

Addie said...

You have a tender heart. I love it! Thankful for you and the indirect (albeit great) way that you and I are now related. Ish. :)

Gailzee said...

Sweet...everyone should be so blessed...and those that are...should express it so well!