Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

As Requested

Hello Internet! 
A while ago, my dear friend Jenn asked that I start a blog. 

"That's ridiculous," I said. "Who would read that? What would I write about? How pretentious would I have to be to assume that anyone even cares about the mundane things that happen to me?"

But really, I was thinking, "Hell yes."

Then my other dear friend Holly took it a step further. "I will set it up, make it cute, and all you have to do is write! I'll do it tonight." And *POOF*. So it was. That night my own personal graphic designer had created a beautiful blog for me. 

But I was still wary. I guess it's great for people who have kids or exciting lives to be blogging, but I have no "real" reason to blog. No one needs personal updates on my life. My whole family and MOST of my friends live right here. So I didn't write anything.

Then last night I spent about half an hour telling a story to Seth about one of my students. And poor Seth, who has heard ALL of my stories - most of which are not interesting to anyone but me - sat through it all. And that's when I decided.. to save Seth, I will write a blog. This way people can choose to skim my stories, ignore them completely, or blow them up into a giant poster to display on their wall. Whatev.

So come back, enjoy - but don't judge. Right now I'm just planning on sharing all the little things that are happening in my life. This includes the joys and frustrations of working with 20 six year-olds for hours on end. So bear with me as I figure out my style and what this is all about.

Thanks for the push, friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and everything in the world seems right again. (thanks, Holly!)

holly gannett said...

YAH! I am so excited you decided to start writing... can't wait! I will start checking it everyday now :) Love you and miss you. Can't wait!!!

knitwit said...

way to be sexy bitch! glad to see you on the net. nell, i love you. seriously

Dave said...

good blog you all!