Also, my sister in law (Seth's sister) recently completed a novel - yes, a REAL book - and sent it into some publishers. She has received some nibbles from the world of literary agents, and every time I hear about it, I'm giddy. This is something that I would love to do some day. Write. A book. For people to read.
But I don't have a plot! Not a character, not a setting, not a dilemma to be solved... nothing. Kayla and I discussed a children's book - she could illustrate, and I could write. Jenny would do something of course -marketing? And Matt.. um.. Matt could build the headquarters once we strike it rich? It'll be a family affair, of course.
How do people "come up" with ideas? From what I have heard, authors always say something like, "It wasn't even ME telling the story, the story was just INSIDE me, and I wrote it down." Do I have to wait for that? I suppose so...
So, does anyone out there have a story that's aching to be told?
Aubyn?
3 comments:
definetly you should write a book. I mean, look at the success of CrayoElla!
ha! seriously though, my teacher loved it. thanks for your help.
-sis k
Ooh, I bet Aubyn has some GREAT stories! I vote her.
You could always pick my brain if it were to be a book of short, random, very silly essays. That's how much I love you.
People love the rags to riches stories.... And also a good crime mystery. Also popular are movies where people overcome some type of conflict. Yes...I could be on to something there....Maybe a group of women with too much free time and money talking about what it is like to live and date in....Kansas City?
Post a Comment