
Background:
After graduating from the U of M, Seth and I moved to Billings to be near family and find jobs. While I had interviewed with the school district, they told me (rather forcefully on the 9th phone call) that all positions had been filled. Therefore, I took a job "teaching" at a Montessori school. I began that summer as more of a daycare aid, and was to begin as a teacher in the fall. A week before school started, I was offered a job in the school district. In first grade. At a stellar school. With INSURANCE. I couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately, I was also getting married that weekend.
I resigned from Montessori and signed my contract on Wednesday, was married on Friday, and began my first day as a professional teacher on Monday. My first students arrived two days later. Needless to say, it was a bit of a whirlwind. Seth and I spent our "honeymoon" at school setting up bulletin boards and laminating name tags.
Which brings me to my point:
On Sunday, I will be going on my honeymoon. It may be two and a half years later, but we're finally doing it! Seth and I are going to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for six days. We have a timeshare at a resort with a private beach. We have never been on a plane together, and have only taken puny road trips - never a real vacation. I'm looking forward to all of it: being "alone together" for a week, swimming in the ocean, indulging (over-indulging?) in good food and drinks adorned with umbrellas, reading several books on the plane and on the beach... all of it.
And I've got to tell you - I have NEVER been more grateful for snow than I was today. Here it is, two days before SPRING break, and we had to have inside recess all day because of the freezing temperatures. When I see the margaritas, ocean sunset, and romantic dinners in my near future, I must admit that it makes the snow just that much more easy to endure. Suck it, inside recess!
5 comments:
I am SO jealous, I mean- HAPPY - for you and Seth. I hope you guys have a great time! My in-laws are actually leaving for Cabo on Monday to spend two weeks at their time share. We ventured there with them last year and I have only one suggestion: go to The Office! It's a little restaurant on the beach, very good, great service, romantic...they give you blankets if it's a little chilly. Have fun!!!
HAVE A BLAST!!! So damon and carol will be in Cabo next week for a day (they are going on their yearly cruise and that is one of there stops)! Small world if you run into them, but I doubt it :) Relax and enjoy each other... have fun on the fishing trip too and tell Seth you get to pick some extravagant adventure that he has to go with you on as well! Love you guys and travel safe!! Can't wait to see pics.
love. h
Oh and don't get heat rash :) remember that is Hawaii? haha
You are the only ones I know going to Cabo.... :(
I think you will have a FANTASTIC time, and leaving the snow behind will make it all the better. But, when you return, you will be that person with a tan among ghosts!
I am so happy for you two. Prolonging the honeymoon is a super idea, it helps you remember why you married each other....for the sex of course! Drink a margarita for me and do lots of inappropriate things :)
HURRAY! Take half an Immodium every day (it helped Blake and I during OUR Mexican honeymoon), even though that's TMI. And have sex on that private beach, but watch the sand! WHEE!
Post a Comment