Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Monday, June 22, 2009

Dad


A few words of wisdom from my father:

1. This is one I have told several of my friends. He pulls it out if I am complaining about Seth or a situation we've gotten ourselves into: "Did you know that about him when you married him? Well then you can't complain about it."

2. Talking to my sisters and me on a road trip to Missoula or Bozeman (I can't remember): "Girls, I want you to know something. I love cranes."

3. That same road trip: "I don't care who you are, those are pretty mountains."

4. While eating breakfast one morning: "The world would be a better place if people threw scones instead of stones."

5. And my favorite - one that has lasted for almost a decade and is still used often between my friends and me: "If you need me, I'll be behind these cool shades."

I love you, Dad.
Another great dad - my brother, Matt. It has been so fascinating to watch my brother transform into a father. If you know Matt, I think you'll understand why I chose the word "fascinating".
Happy Dad on the river.
If you want to see your parents truly happy - almost CRAZY happy - watch them with their grandkids. Dad is an amazing grandpa, which shouldn't surprise anyone.
I can't forget a shout out to Steve, my amazing father-in-law either! I also have a few good Steve quotes. They won't make any sense until you meet Steve though.

1. While on "vacation" in Wisconsin visiting Seth's family: Seth's uncle: "I like herring." Steve's reply: "I like pooping corn."

2. Discussing a delicious dessert that contains Mrs. Richardson's Caramel sauce: "I had Mrs. Richardson's once. It was full of hair."

Steve is a great father to Seth. He raised him alone for many years after his wife Sandi died, and before he married Debby. I think Seth is a wonderful testament to what a great job Steve did. He's a great in-law as well; easy going, funny, patient and loving.

I'm very lucky to have and know the fathers in my life. Happy Father's Day to all of them!

4 comments:

Addie said...

You could start a "that's what he said" line with things that come out of those three men's mouths. Your dad cracks me up!

aubyn said...

What wise Guys- double entendre intended!

lanerdoo said...

Steve's quotes made me laugh out loud, as I could only imagine the conversation surrounding them.
I agree that Matt is "fascinating" but, in a good way!

Dave said...

vthanks hun, i'm very proud of you, and love you tons!!! Remember "whistling Janelles"?