Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cheers and Jeers

Taking a page from Aubyn, I'd like to share my cheers and jeers for spring/summer 2009. I'm a "bad news first" kind of gal, so here we go:

Jeers:
1. As the year ends, books and materials are put away, and with it, routine is swept under the rug and out the window. The result: utter chaos. I have yelled more (I'm not proud of it), heard more sass, taken more recess and sent more kids to the principal this month than EVER before. Yuck.
2. Longer hours processing paperwork, writing information in duplicate for files and folders, and "organizing" things I should have organized MONTHS ago.
3. Knowing that I start my summer job the Monday after school gets out.
4. Mentally labeling everything as "the last time we..." before Seth leaves for Idaho (oops, did I forget to mention that? I'll have to write another entry...)
5. Rain. Sorry all you "What a blessing for our earth! We just need the moisture so much!" people. Ugh.
6. Time crunches (weddings, showers, parties, graduations, birthdays, school, new job, ohmygoshican'tbreathe).

Cheers 
1. TENURE! I signed my fourth contract today, which means I have tenure with the school district. Job security in a shaky economy is never a bad thing.
2. Summer! My job at CARE Academy includes lots of kickball, sun, and field trips. Delicious.
3. Summer! 
4. Chicks; my neighbor at school hatched 6 healthy chicks the other day. It was such a great experience to see the kids huddled around that little egg in silence as the chick worked it's way out. Now they are all fluffy and cuddly and I can hear them "cheep" all day! I've never seen a chick hatch before, and I was glad to experience it with my kiddos.
5. Weddings! Yes, I know I alluded to it in Jeers, but it's not the WEDDINGS I dislike, it's the time crunch. I ADORE the actual weddings. Looking forward to seeing dear friends celebrate their love (and partying with them).
6. Time Expansion! Working at noon will allow me (hopefully) time to workout, write and relax in the morning. Also, I'm doing a job share which means I will be done in mid-July. I've never had time off in the summer, and I CAN'T WAIT.
7. Birthdays/Anniversaries; Seth turns the big two-five tomorrow, and I must admit, I FINALLY got him a good gift. Our anniversary is in August... three years of wedded bliss.

May your Cheers always outnumber your Jeers! 

2 comments:

holly gannett said...

Hey girl! We will have to get your blog up and going for school before August comes along. Will you email me the web address again so I am look at it and get it designed?!

Tell Seth HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO... :)

aubyn said...

Even I borrowed the cheers and Jeers idea from Addie or Reese.... shucks...