Last week, the Schuyler legacy in School District Two was finally laid to rest (And the people said "Amen!"). Kayla was nothing short of thrilled to end the chapter called High School. She had some good times, met some good people, and is ready for the next big thing. Right now she is planning on moving into a house with a friend and earning the big bucks until she's ready to travel or something else calls her name. I have no doubt that whatever she does will be successful.
At Kayla's graduation party, I spoke with a very rare creature - a teacher Kayla actually liked. We spoke for a bit about how Kayla wasn't exactly a fan of school, and she said something that really resonated with me as a teacher and Kayla's sister,
"I really learned a lot from Kayla this year. When we began, she would roll her eyes over every assignment. She knew she was just jumping through hoops until she could get out of here. But the more she got to know me, and the more I learned about her, the more we could respect what the other one was doing. Kayla is a great student - she just needed to be reminded of that. And besides being a good student, she's a good person. She's somebody I would actually like to hang out with in my every day life."
I was in total agreement. Kayla is a smart, grounded young woman who is going to do great things. I'm very proud to be her sister.
Congratulations, Kayla!

Sorry about the quality - it's a picture of a picture. I just had to document the HUG between Kayla and Seth - two non huggers! Awwwwww!

I tend to lean in photos. It's an issue.

Proud parents (who probably did the happy dance when no one was looking). New house, hot tub, empty nest.... things are lookin' good for Ma and Pa Schuyler!

Throwing of the Caps

Kayla is the teeny one at the end of the line ready to go on stage.
4 comments:
Congratulations, kayla. I got the feeling that you did not care for high school.
I guess I should write this on Kaylas facebook page. Maybe she should start a blog....
CONGRATS Kayla :)
So no college for Kayla? Am I reading between the lines correctly? :) Congrats! Get on with the rest of your life, girl!
Ma and Pa Schuyler also say AMEN to that. Raising 4 wonderful children has been great but on with the rest of our lives.
Love to you
Mom
Post a Comment