Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Name Game

Working at the school district's summer camp, CARE Academy, has introduced me to several new names. It also gives me a heads up regarding the names that were hot seven to twelve years ago. I have here my top ten.

10. Caden - there are 5 kids with this name. If I don't know a boy's name, I just holler CADE, and chances are pretty good his little head swivels my way.
9. Connor - spell it however you like, there are 4 Conor's - another safe bet.
8. Peyton - 2 boys and 1 girl boast this lovely.
7. Ashby - could go either way I think, but this time it's a boy's name.
6. Daisia - pronounced Day-ja (kind of). It doesn't help that her best friend is Daisy. Not kidding.
5. Koby (2), Colby (2) - They blend, so I'm counting them as one name. I can't keep it straight.
4. Britton, Brittyn, and Bryton - I'm counting three boys as one as well. It's my list.
3. Bella - I can't say this name without thinking TWILIGHT!
2. Alexandria/Alex/Alexis/Alexia. True story.

And the number one name of 2009 CARE Academy is...

Aristotle.

I kid you not. The little guy is six years old and every time I say his name, I feel like I'm making
fun of him. Talk about expectations. Sheesh.

2 comments:

aubyn said...

Ha! Great observations :)
Calling Aristotle would sound a lot like a Family Guy line

lanerdoo said...

I love that we all attempt to give our kids a unique name but wind up with the most common name of our generation, or something just plain weird. I'm just happy that Maddox didn't make the list...give it 7 years :)