Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Sunday, November 2, 2008

More Autumn Awesomeness


When the kids asked what I was, I told them, "I'm a rag doll." And one of them said, "What's a Ragdal?"

Jumper from Goodwill: $3.00
Rags for Hair: $4.00
Fake Eyelashes: $3.50
Having an entire staff make fun of you for looking like a blow-up doll all day: Priceless

Halloween was a pretty fun day in my class this year, if I do say so myself. I didn't even see my kids for the vast majority of it, with specialists, a movie, and a celebration in Library. But at the end of the day, I had an army of mothers come in and help me with our "learning celebration" (we only get one PARTY a year, so I try to throw in a few "learning celebrations" in between). 

The kids decorated mini-pumpkins, estimated candy in a cauldron, graphed munchies from a "witch's brew" we had made earlier, and decorated and feasted on home made sugar cookies (don't worry - a mother made them, not me). And the best part was that the moms totally ran the show. I told them what I needed, told the kids what I expected, and then off they went! I was able to just float from center to center taking pictures and chatting with the moms/kids as they "worked". It was great. I'm a little nervous about posting pictures of kids on the Internet, so I'm afraid that if you want to see the pics, you'll have to grab me solo. I'd rather not lose my job (again). 

Later that night, Aubyn and Seth and I went to a very low-key, but pretty enjoyable party thrown by a doctor that Seth works with. They own some property on the West end where they gather to play their instruments. Like I said, it was all very low-key, but Aubyn was on fire and we had some pretty good laughs. All in all, a great Halloween. 


2 comments:

aubyn said...

YOU were on fire. also, the chick on the double papizan gave us plenty to think about! When dod the Dr. BS band want us to come play with them? Cause Im getting pretty booked up....

Dave said...

Sounds like a great time...great job at the school hun! Those kids will remember that