Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Monday, September 7, 2009

Pupils

It was Friday, and the kids and I had had a long week. We were making a graph charting eye color. I was explaining how to color the eye when one of the kids got up off of carpet and came to my chair, crying.

"What's the matter?"
"K said that the red cracks in my eye are going to explode. Are they going to explode?"
"I don't understand you. What red cracks?"
(Crying pretty hard by this point)"The red lines in my white part. He said if I get mad they will explode. Will they explode?"
(Trying to contain my laughter) "No, honey. They won't explode."

About five seconds later I was explaining why the center of they eye should be black and I informed them that this part of the eye is called the "pupil." One kids hand shot up. I called on him and he said, "Pupil sounds a looooot like nipple, doesn't it?"

I think we were all ready for the weekend.

3 comments:

lanerdoo said...

Haha, I like that kid. Exploding eyeballs and nipples.... your classroom sounds exciting!

Addie said...

Your classroom sounds like my house. Except the person fibbing to the child is a 31-year-old man who goes by "Dad."

Dave said...

Were you able to control yourself and not laugh? I doubt it.....